Re: st: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado

Subject   Re: st: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado
Date   Fri, 20 May 2011 09:54:16 +0200

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Michael C. Morrison wrote:
> A reviewer of a proposed publication of mine is questioning the use of a
> user-written program that I utilized in the analysis. I'm not sure if the
> reviewer is familiar with Stata and ados.

One other thing you could do is contact the author of the .ado-file
directly. Many of us are very reasonable people and are willing to
give a fair assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of our own
programs. After all, we are not making money with them. In particular,
they may be able they may be able to come up with concrete arguments.
I assume that your message on this list is deliberately vague, and you
could be more concrete in a private conversation, and consequently get
more concrete advise in return.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis