st: RE: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado

From   "Buzz Burhans" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado
Date   Thu, 19 May 2011 14:04:12 -0600

Perhaps the concern is not he ado per se, but the method used to produce the
result reported, in which case might it be worth citing the original source
of the method, as well as the ado?  i.e. something to the effect "determined
according to ABC (citation) as implemented by XYZ (ado citation)?

I agree that the number of downloads in itself is not useful to address this

Buzz Burhans, Ph.D.

Dairy-Tech Group
So. Albany, VT / Twin Falls ID

Cell: 208-320-0829
ID Fax: 208-735-1289
VT Fax: 802-755-6842

[] On Behalf Of Michael C.
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:17 AM
Subject: st: Responding to a Reviewer's Concern about an Ado

A reviewer of a proposed publication of mine is questioning the use of a
user-written program that I utilized in the analysis. I'm not sure if
the reviewer is familiar with Stata and ados.

This particular ado is the primary tool utilized in a Sage publication
regarding the subject at hand (which I will point out to the editor and
through him to the reviewer.) I'm wondering, how does one find the
number of downloads of the ado through ssc. I know there are other ways
that users can obtain ados but I suspect ssc downloads would give me a
decent number of people using the program. Any other ideas would be
appreciated. In advance. Thanks.

*   For searches and help try:
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG -