RE: st: esttab equivalent for svy data

From   "Gupta, Sumedha" <sugupta@iupui.edu>
Subject   RE: st: esttab equivalent for svy data
Date   Tue, 10 May 2011 20:15:27 +0000

Hi Steve,

Thank you so much for your reply and sorry for not knowing that I had to send output from standard data. I will keep that in mind from now on.

You were right, I was making an error. It works now! Many thanks. I do have a follow up question though. How can I append several regression results using esttab? For instance,

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. eststo: quietly regress price weight mpg
(est1 stored)

. eststo: quietly regress price weight mpg foreign
(est2 stored)

This would give me :

. esttab

                      (1)             (2)
                    price           price
weight              1.747**         3.465***
                   (2.72)          (5.49)

mpg                -49.51           21.85
                  (-0.57)          (0.29)

foreign                            3673.1***
                                   (5.37)

_cons              1946.1         -5853.7
                   (0.54)         (-1.73)
N                      74              74
t statistics in parentheses
* p<0.05, ** p<0.01, *** p<0.001

But what if rather than having results of model 1 and 2 placed horizontally next to each other I want to stack them on top of each other. Can you please advise me on how I may be able to achieve that? I will really appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Sumedha.