RE: st: svylogitgof: changes dramatically across models using the same pooled sample

From   Eileen Diaz McConnell <Eileen.Diaz.McConnell@asu.edu>
Subject   RE: st: svylogitgof: changes dramatically across models using the same pooled sample
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:14:20 -0700

I'll look into estat gof as an option.  Appreciate this advice!
-Eileen

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:35 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu; statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: svylogitgof: changes dramatically across models using the same pooled sample

At 07:53 PM 4/12/2011, Steven Samuels wrote:
>Eileen, I assume that you're on Stata 11, since you don't say
>otherwise.  -svylogitgof- doesn't work with subpop() options and has
>other problems in Stata 11.
>
>See: http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-03/msg00442.html
>
>Steve
>sjsamuels@gmail.com

Last I remember seeing, getting -estat gof- to work with the subpop option was on the Stata development list:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2011-03/msg00555.html

I wonder how terrible it would be if you used the -if- option instead of -subpop-? I know that is frowned upon, but if the alternative is to do nothing at all, which is better?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam