Re: st: Stata Temp File issue

From   Kevin Geraghty <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata Temp File issue
Date   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:56:02 -0800 (PST)

try << display "`c(tmpdir)'" >> and see what it tells you.

Hm. It looks like you can't set it once you launch stata, that you have to set it beforehand using environment variables.

so you would have to do something like this on windows:
in a shell script or on the command line of a dos window:

set STATATMP="c:\temp" (or your choice of temp directory for this invocation)
<then invoke your executable from your shell window>

you can check if you got it right by typing << display "`c(tmpdir)'" >> again