Re: st: interaction without main effects

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: interaction without main effects
Date   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 14:41:19 -0500

before dropping the main effects, you should look into some of the
literature on this and think about how such a model would be
interpreted; see, as a start, Nelder, JA (1998), "The selection of terms
in response-surface models -- How strong is the weak heredity
principle?", _The American Statistician_, 52: 315-318