Re: st: Stata Temp File issue

From   Eric Booth <[email protected]>
To   "<[email protected]>" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata Temp File issue
Date   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 20:16:14 +0000

<>

Adding to Kevin's comment:   I've always set the temp directory before launching Stata as described in the FAQ:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/data/statatmp.html

For some reason, setting the temp file location in DOS doesn't always "take" when I launch Stata afterward.   That is,  if I set the tempfile location in DOS (as described on the page linked above) and then double click on my Stata icon I still don't always get the right tempfile path path when I type
tempfile j
di "`j'"
in the new instance of Stata.  However, I've had more success if set the tempfile location in DOS and then subsequently launch Stata from DOS.  I don't know that this is what _causes_ the new instance of Stata to use the correct tempfile location or not; but it seems to work for me if I follow this process.

- Eric
__
Eric A. Booth
Public Policy Research Institute