RE: st: xtmixed

From   Schöler, Lisa <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: xtmixed
Date   Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:55:22 +0000

Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Maarten buis
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 5:32 PM
Subject: RE: st: xtmixed

--- On Thu, 7/10/10, Schoeler, Lisa wrote:
> The ratios are smaller than most other numbers.

I would look at all my variables and choose a
scaling for each of them such that the units
represent roughly comparable magnitudes.

Roughly speaking, if you can let all variables
have a range between -10 and 10 or -100 and 100,
then you should be fine. Obviously, this is a
very rough rule of thumb, I would for instance
have no problem if some variable range between
0 and 10, or something like that. This rule of
thumb is only inteded to give a feeling for the
maginitude I am thinking about.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie