st: RE: error with buildPlotCommandValues

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: error with buildPlotCommandValues
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 11:38:33 +0100

Such problems are difficult to diagnose. The most likely explanation is that you have not -update-d your executable and ado files synchronously. If that is not the explanation, you may need to contact Stata tech support with your licensing information and other information specified at

. update query

Noel Addy

A few days ago, I began having difficulties with the Histogram
function on my Stata/MP 10.0 in Windows Business Vista.

With large data sets or small data sets, when I use the Histogram
function it does not display the command, but rather gives this

buildPlotCommandValues.copyToString build_cmd_output: class type not found

I tried a repair, and then I tried an uninstall and reinstall.  To my
knowledge, nothing unusual has happened to my computer in the last
week.  I notice that this error was in the archives, but I didn't see
a solution.