st: Creating custom Viewer windows

From   "Joseph Coveney" <jcoveney@bigplanet.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Creating custom Viewer windows
Date   Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:04:25 +0900

Does anyone know how to (or whether it's even possible to) create a Viewer
window that contains a list of the tables from a database that I'm working with
interactively?  The list is created by -odbc query-.

The databases typically have 50-100 user tables, and I can't remember all of
their names while working interactively.  Now, whenever I want to -odbc load- a
different table, I have to either scroll back up in the Results window to where
I last executed the -odbc query- command in order to see the list, or execute
the command again and again.

If the list of tables is in a persistent Viewer window then I can reference it
briefly while working just by clicking on the its icon and making the Viewer
window visible (on top, have focus) again.