Re: st: Re: FORTRAN

From   Stata SpecialEdition <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: FORTRAN
Date   Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:32:39 +0100

I do not know that much about the FORTRAN yet, but I do know that the
language has been updated a lot since when you last used it. My
supervisor told me that the FORTRAN 90 and FORTRAN 2003 revisions are
very significant and have features common to most modern languages. It
optimizes extremely well which it is why it is often the language of
choice for very numerically intensive applications. People who think
FORTRAN is dead do not know what they are talking about (so I am
told).