From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: FORTRAN
Date   Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:52:07 +0100

What you mean by "read Stata files"? As documented in [U] 11.6, Stata recognises 21 file extensions, so the expression Stata files needs to be clarified.

See also the request given yesterday

to avoid the use of Stata in your mail identifier.

Stata SpecialEdition

I have been using STATA for two years now and I LOVE it. I now need to
do some more complicated estimation in a language called FORTRAN. Is
it possible to read my STATA files in FORTRAN? A colleague said it was
impossible and I would have just save it as an ASCII. Is this the best
way? I just wanted to check whether this is the case with some STATA
(and hopefully FORTRAN experts).