Re: st: Nominal or ordinal?

From   Alan Acock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Nominal or ordinal?
Date   Thu, 12 Aug 2010 19:06:07 -0700

I don't have a hand reference, but if you generate a series of monotonic transformations of an interval scale, the linear correlations of each transformation with the interval scale variable will almost all be over .9. Of course, a non monotonic transformation would not do this, nor would it be ordinal. Also, it is possible to have an extreme monotonic transformation for which a straight line does terribly.
Alan Acock
[email protected]

PNG image