st: Re: AW: RE: marginal effects for IV ordered probit

From   xueliansharon <>
Subject   st: Re: AW: RE: marginal effects for IV ordered probit
Date   Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:16:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Martin,

So do you mean that you didn't get an error message when you computed
marginal effects after running my example of cmp on your Stata?

I don't know how to check the version of my "mfx", but my stata version is
11.1, so I guess the version of "mfx" in my stata should not be the old one,
then how can I get the correct standard errors? Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

There is always a good reason why Stata refuses to do certain things, so
-force- may not be such a good idea. Could also be that you are simply out
of luck with the se for the marginal effect. -h cmp- does state that "force
may be needed when running old versions of mfx to stop this behavior." But
"old" is apparently defined as pre January 2008 versions of -mfx-, which
mine is not.