Re: st: Using mifit after ice to get imputed values

Subject   Re: st: Using mifit after ice to get imputed values
Date   Sat, 17 Jul 2010 02:02:43 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 17/7/10, Ilke UNDER wrote:
> However, still cannot find a way to get the final
> imputed values for my initial data set.

It just occured to me that you might be looking for
an estimate (one number) of the missing value. This
would be a (commonly made) mistake. Multiple Imputation
is not about providing estimates for the missing values,
that information is considered to be lost forever. It
is about making the best use of the information that is
available from those observations that contain missing
values. The imputation part is just a technical devise
used for integration over the distribution of likely
values for the missing value, it is not an estimate
of the value of the missing value.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis