Re: AW: st: RE: RE: difference between robust and cluster option

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: AW: st: RE: RE: difference between robust and cluster option
Date   Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:40:45 -0400

On Jul 17, 2010, at 2:33 AM, Jing wrote:

> according to Petersen (2009) (estimating standard errors in finance
> panel data sets: comparing approaches, review of financial studies,
> 2009.), the standard errors clustered by firm and time can be a useful
> robustness check. My dataset is a sample of 560 firms over 9 years
> (unbalanced). Could you please advise me how I can cluster both firm and
> time in my analysis by using stata. cos when typing "xtreg, fe cluster
> (year)", the result shows "panels are not nested within clusters".

ssc install xtivreg2, replace
ssc install ivreg2, replace
ssc install ranktest, replace

xtivreg2 depvar indepvars, fe cluster(year firm)

                              An Introduction to Stata Programming  |