AW: st: AW: problem when importing graphs into word

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   AW: st: AW: problem when importing graphs into word
Date   Sun, 27 Jun 2010 19:25:42 +0200

<>

How big a file is the final product? This code produces 12.5 MB, which
indeed appears to be redrawn every time you look at it:

*************
clear*
set obs 300000

gen x1=rnormal()
gen x2=rnormal()
sc x?

gr export mygraph.wmf
*************

Turn this thing into a pdf on a windows machine, and the viewer takes a
couple of seconds to open it fully:

***
// path to folder
local path "C:/Users/`c(username)'/Desktop"
gr export `path'\mygraph.eps, as(eps) preview(off) replace

//pdf export with MIKTEX utility
!epstopdf `path'\mygraph.eps
!start `path'\mygraph.pdf
***

This is due to size: Would a 1% sample of the data give you the same
information?

HTH
Martin