Re: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated

From   Fred Wolfe <fwolfe@arthritis-research.org>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 05:25:52 -0500

Nick's point about "bloating the documentation" while certainly
correct, raises the issue of the quality of the graphics
documentation. It is superb documentation of you know a great deal to
start with, but I find it often impossible to fathom. One very useful
to bloat, I think, would be more examples. many more examples. There
are a myriad of complicated pages without example code.

When I have a problem the first thing I do is go to Michael Mitchell's
great book (a book of examples). The last thing is to go to the Stata
manual.

As an aside, both Michael's book and the manual spend much time in
graph bar and dot with over(). I usually have multiple variables with
overlapping groups. Over() doesn't help. I do wish that Stata might
address that very common problem (at least for me).

Fred

--
Fred Wolfe
National Data Bank for Rheumatic Diseases