RE: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:03:05 +0100

This isn't (meant to be) contentious, but the thread does underline that
none of half-a-dozen experienced Stata users knew the answer just like
that, including Michael Mitchell who has written an entire book on Stata

(I was asleep, but I wouldn't have known either.)

But the solution is documented and the tail statement in

"yvaroptions(over_subopts) allows you to specify over_subopts for the
yvars.  This is seldom done."

appears to be quite correct.

There is a fine line between answering all possible questions and
bloating the documentation further. Sometimes the longer your help
files, the less people are inclined to read through them.

Kieran McCaul

it's really buried away, isn't it.

Changing the look of the category axis is really something I would
expect people would want to do.  Perhaps the Graphics Manual could be
updated to show a few examples.