RE: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:03:05 +0100

This isn't (meant to be) contentious, but the thread does underline that
none of half-a-dozen experienced Stata users knew the answer just like
that, including Michael Mitchell who has written an entire book on Stata
graphics.

(I was asleep, but I wouldn't have known either.)

But the solution is documented and the tail statement in

"yvaroptions(over_subopts) allows you to specify over_subopts for the
yvars.  This is seldom done."

appears to be quite correct.

There is a fine line between answering all possible questions and
bloating the documentation further. Sometimes the longer your help
files, the less people are inclined to read through them.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Kieran McCaul

it's really buried away, isn't it.

Changing the look of the category axis is really something I would
expect people would want to do.  Perhaps the Graphics Manual could be
updated to show a few examples.