RE: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: bar graph axis color- frustrated
Date   Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:24:41 +0100

Fred has raised similar issues before, but I am still fuzzy about what
the precise problem is.

Perhaps Fred could expand on the nitty-gritty of his difficulties with a
small realistic data example or two.

My guess is that the right kind of solution might not be a hit to
Stata's graphics, but some helper commands that prepare datasets to be
fed to the graphics.

Fred Wolfe

As an aside, both Michael's book and the manual spend much time in
graph bar and dot with over(). I usually have multiple variables with
overlapping groups. Over() doesn't help. I do wish that Stata might
address that very common problem (at least for me).