Re: st: decomposition concentration index

Subject   Re: st: decomposition concentration index
Date   Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:31:59 -0500

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM,  <ecreceb@unex.es> wrote:
> Dear sir/madam:
>
> I am trying to decomposing the Wagstaff concentration index in stata(11) to
> analyze the effect of different variables over consume in Primary Health
> Care. I have tried the procedure explained in Analyzing Health Equity
> Using Household Survey Data (World Bank Institute), but I have not luck.

Concentration index is a descriptive measure. To study effects of
anything on it, you need to have some counterfactuals, probably a
regression model of some kind. Can you show what exactly you have
done? And please give full references to everything (isn't that in
FAQ?). Saying "I applied Wagstaff procedure" makes about as much sense
as saying "I used Bill Gould's code" (yeah, sure; a good quarter of
Stata is probably written using Bill Gould's code; what exactly did
you use?)