Re: st: How to estimate adjusted survival curves after fitting Cox model

Subject   Re: st: How to estimate adjusted survival curves after fitting Cox model
Date   Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:34:02 -0400

I'm not sure what you mean by "adjusted". The following code will
produce predicted survival curves for different combinations of
covariates, if you have a Stata with -margins- and factor variables
try this. (FAQ: always state the Version of Stata you are using).
With older versions, -adjust- will work after -xi: stcox-.
Steve

--
Steven Samuels
[email protected]

*************CODE BEGINS************
webuse drugtr,clear
stdes
set seed 18720
gen v2 = uniform()<.5
quietly stcox i.v2 i.drug c.age, basesurv(prsurv)

** By hand
predict new, xb
sum new if age ==50 & drug==1 & v2==0
sum new if age==60 &  drug==1 & v2==1

** Using -margins: check against the -sum new- results
margins v2#drug , at(age =(50,60)) predict(xb)

matrix ests =r(b)
matrix list ests
local cc =colsof(ests)
forvalues i = 1/`cc'{
gen prsurv_`i' =prsurv^exp(el(ests,1,`i'))
}
sum pr*