Re: st: Discrete time hazard model - Interval width

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: Discrete time hazard model - Interval width
Date   Sun, 23 May 2010 23:12:24 -0400

The phrase "person-wave intervals" doesn't convey anything to me; I
would not use it.  Another issue:  the estimated probabilities of
first stable jobs will be biased downwards if there are participants
who got a  first "stable" job  after one study interview and  lost the
job prior to the next interview.  You could study the extent of the
bias with a sensitivity analysis

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 5:17 AM,  <> wrote:
> Dear Stephen and Steve,
> with intrinsecally discrete time data we have identical set of intervals for
> all persons (individuals might be failed in different point times but we do
> not know this piece of information). It sounds that we have to be careful
> and refer to "person-wave" intervals when we discuss the results from the
> analysis after applying pgmhaz8.
> Thank you very much.
> Giuliana.
> *