Re: st: Discrete time hazard model - Interval width

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: Discrete time hazard model - Interval width
Date   Thu, 20 May 2010 16:05:29 -0400

Off-list, I asked Stephen why analysis of Giuliana's unequal width
intervals would be "complicated", especially as the Prentice-Gloeckler
method* (implemented in his -pgmhaz8- and -hshaz-) could handle them.
He revised his opinion, and I show his post below:

*Prentice, R.L. and Gloeckler, L.A. (1978), Regression analysis of
grouped survival data with application to breast cancer dataí,
Biometrics 34, 57ñ67.