st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets

From   Beth Gifford <beth.gifford@duke.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets
Date   Fri, 14 May 2010 17:22:09 -0400

Hi there
Both suggestions were helpful and taught me something.  I thought I'd
share what I think my final solution will be in case it can help
someone else.

Use descsave [by Roger Newson]

--then I had left out a step from my original email which is to parse
the information in the variable label (variables are labeled V154:
drinks per week).
*I use strparse by Blasnik and Cox  (webseek strparse)

--then I use cf to compare across 2 datasets for relevant variables.

Many thanks,
Beth

--
Elizabeth Gifford, PhD