Fwd: Re: st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets

From   Michael Norman Mitchell <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Fwd: Re: st: Comparing Variable Name Labels Between Datasets
Date   Thu, 13 May 2010 21:03:47 -0700

Dear Beth

Referring to my reply below, if you are interested in doing #1, then I think that the -descsave- command could be useful. It saves a dataset based on the -describe- command, of which you can focus on the names of the variables and their labels. For each dataset, you could output such a dataset, and then compare the datasets with the variable names and names of the variable labels. You can install this via -ssc install descsave-.

If you are interested in #2, then I think that the -vlc- command could be useful. This compares the value labels across datasets. You can install this via -ssc install vlc-.

  It is possible that you might want to do both of these.

I hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Michael N. Mitchell
See the Stata tidbit of the week at...