st: Mata Variance Calculation

From   Thomas Jacobs <thomasjacobs@gmail.com>
To   StataList <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Mata Variance Calculation
Date   Fri, 14 May 2010 15:57:05 -0500

Hi,

Can anyone confirm whether the variance function in mata is a sample
value (with n-1 observations) as opposed to a population (with n
observations) measure?

IOTW, I have a column vector of 100 values and apply the variance
function.  Is n=99?  From my own calculations it appears to be so but
I wish to be sure and it is not stated in the documentation.  Thanks.

Tom

--
Thomas Jacobs