Re: st: Word-wrapping in Do editor (writing smcl help file)

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Word-wrapping in Do editor (writing smcl help file)
Date   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:02:23 -0400

My guess is that you are adding carriage returns when you
type? If you want the lines to fill the window, don't add
any line breaks except between paragraphs.

hth,

Philip Jones wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am writing a smcl help file in the Stata Do editor (Macintosh version 11), and I cannot seem to figure out how to wrap words. When I re-size a help window for one of the Stata-written help files, the words re-wrap gracefully, but my lines get truncated and continued to the next line:

Example:

...for the following trial
types: randomized...

I would like the sentence "...for the following trial types: randomized..." to be on one line obviously. I don't want to guess what size the user has sized the help window and then put hard carriage returns into my plain text file.

Any help would be appreciated. I get the sense I am missing something.

Thanks,

Phil