Re: st: Unpublicized changes to Saved Results for -reshape-

From   Alan Riley <ariley@stata.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Unpublicized changes to Saved Results for -reshape-
Date   Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:09:45 -0500

Roger Newson (r.newson@imperial.ac.uk) asked
> One further query. The returned result -_dta[__JValLab]- still looks
> potentially useful to users, even though it is undocumented. And, from
> looking inside -reshape.ado-, it seems to me that it is used to make the
> -reshape wide- command reversible by using -reshape long-. Is this
> result likely to stay, or is it likely to disappear at any time without
> warning?

This result is very unlikely to change or disappear.

Alan
ariley@stata.com