st: Word-wrapping in Do editor (writing smcl help file)

From   Philip Jones <>
Subject   st: Word-wrapping in Do editor (writing smcl help file)
Date   Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:54:08 -0400

I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I am writing a smcl help file in the Stata Do editor (Macintosh version 11), and I cannot seem to figure out how to wrap words. When I re-size a help window for one of the Stata-written help files, the words re-wrap gracefully, but my lines get truncated and continued to the next line:

...for the following trial
> types: randomized...

I would like the sentence "...for the following trial types: randomized..." to be on one line obviously. I don't want to guess what size the user has sized the help window and then put hard carriage returns into my plain text file.

Any help would be appreciated. I get the sense I am missing something.