st: Re: Scatterplot of mean values

From   Fernando Terrés <>
Subject   st: Re: Scatterplot of mean values
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:55:08 +0200

Martin, perhaps I didn't explain it correctly
Let us say that, in the auto.dta dataset, I want to plot the mean values of mileage against the mean values of weight, both means grouped by repair record.
I could do:

sysuse auto, clear
collapse mpg weight, by(rep78)
twoway (scatter mpg weight)

My problem is that I need to do the same task for several categorical variables of a large file, and every collapse forces me to upload the dataset again.

Thanks again,

Fernando Terres
Lecturer. PhD candidate
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya