st: RE: Re: Scatterplot of mean values

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Scatterplot of mean values
Date   Wed, 31 Mar 2010 13:32:52 +0100

In addition to other answers, see -bandplot- from SSC.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Fernando Terrés

Martin, perhaps I didn't explain it correctly
Let us say that, in the auto.dta dataset, I want to plot the mean values
of mileage against the mean values of weight, both means grouped by
repair record.
I could do:

sysuse auto, clear
collapse mpg weight, by(rep78)
twoway (scatter mpg weight)

My problem is that I need to do the same task for several categorical
variables of a large file, and every collapse forces me to upload the
dataset again.