Re: st: Adjusting file associations so do-files open in editor?

From   Venable <venablito@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Adjusting file associations so do-files open in editor?
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:53:19 -0400

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Hua Peng <hpeng@stata.com> wrote:

> Venable can right click on a Stata do-file, then choose "Edit",
> which should be the second item (right below "Open") on the
> popup menu; that would open the do-file in the do-file editor.
>
> If the "Edit" menu item is not present or not working, Venable
> should launch Stata 11, choose the
>
>   Edit->Preferences->Restore File Associations
>
> menu item from the main Stata menu and then try again.
>
> Hua
> --hpeng@stata.com

Hmm, I do not see the "Edit" option on the popup menu. I've restored
file associations (which actually returned Crimson Editor to the
default program, which I thought was a bit odd) and then undone that.
In neither case to I get an Edit option. Any further advice?