Re: st: AW: RE: Adjusting file associations so do-files open in editor?

From   Venable <venablito@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: AW: RE: Adjusting file associations so do-files open in editor?
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 20:54:46 -0400

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Martin Weiss <martin.weiss1@gmx.de> wrote:

> <>
>
> " I would certainly be open to other suggestions."
>

> I would suggest you try Ultraedit in conjunction with Friedrich Hueblers
> "rundolines" plugin:
> http://s281191135.onlinehome.us/2008/20080427-stata.html
>
> It has worked spectacularly for me, and Ultraedit ticks all the boxes for
> your points (a) to (c). No problems under W7, either...
>

> HTH
> Martin

Thanks for the pointer, it looks like a nice program. Is there a free
alternative you know of?