Re: st: Adjusting file associations so do-files open in editor?

From   Hua Peng <hpeng@stata.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Adjusting file associations so do-files open in editor?
Date   Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:35:54 -0500

Venable <venablito@gmail.com> asks how to open a do-file in the Do-file
Editor instead of running it:

> Is it possible to set preferences or adjust profile.do so that
> do-files open in the editor by default, rather than being run in
> Stata?

Venable can right click on a Stata do-file, then choose "Edit",
which should be the second item (right below "Open") on the
popup menu; that would open the do-file in the do-file editor.

If the "Edit" menu item is not present or not working, Venable
should launch Stata 11, choose the

   Edit->Preferences->Restore File Associations

menu item from the main Stata menu and then try again.

Hua
--hpeng@stata.com