RE: st: "covariates in dataset 2 do not match covariates in dataset1"

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: "covariates in dataset 2 do not match covariates in dataset1"
Date   Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:21:30 -0000

Hello Ed,
Just giving you a headsup that i have not forgotten about your promised charts... i am devoting time to GV227 on wednesday so will send you your charts then! sorry for the delay...
hope your break is going well!

From: on behalf of Maarten buis
Sent: Tue 16/03/2010 14:40
Subject: Re: st: "covariates in dataset 2 do not match covariates in dataset1"

--- On Mon, 15/3/10, Michelle L Stransky wrote:
> I'm working with a multiply imputed dataset (so I have 5
> poverty variables to account for missing values).  I
> used the -reshape long- command to make each imputed
> variable it's own case (so now, for each case, I have it
> listed 5 times each with 1 imputation of income).

Getting the format right using -reshape is not that easy.
You could use -mimstack- to take care of that. You can
install it by typing in Stata: -ssc install mimstack-.

There are also discussions of -mimstack- in John B. Carlin,
John C. Galati and Patrick Royston (2008) "A new framework
for managing and analyzing multiply imputed data in Stata"
The Stata Journal, 8(1): 49--67

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie