Re: st: "covariates in dataset 2 do not match covariates in dataset1"

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: "covariates in dataset 2 do not match covariates in dataset1"
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 07:40:16 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Mon, 15/3/10, Michelle L Stransky wrote:
> I'm working with a multiply imputed dataset (so I have 5
> poverty variables to account for missing values).  I
> used the -reshape long- command to make each imputed
> variable it's own case (so now, for each case, I have it
> listed 5 times each with 1 imputation of income).

Getting the format right using -reshape is not that easy.
You could use -mimstack- to take care of that. You can
install it by typing in Stata: -ssc install mimstack-.

There are also discussions of -mimstack- in John B. Carlin,
John C. Galati and Patrick Royston (2008) "A new framework
for managing and analyzing multiply imputed data in Stata"
The Stata Journal, 8(1): 49--67

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie