re:Antwort: re: st: Graph png format - differences in scaling between vers. 10

From   Kit Baum <baum@bc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   re:Antwort: re: st: Graph png format - differences in scaling between vers. 10
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:02:07 -0400

<>
Johannes said

Eps does not work with pdflatex which I use. I could switch to eps2pdf. But then, how do I compile a document that also includes pdf files? Most convenient for me, the solution was png. I did not have precompile some parts of the document or convert them.

True, in LaTeX you must choose between using eps graphics and pdf graphics. In my LaTeX program that is jut a menu item choice. When I work with coauthors who use PCs, I use eps. When I do it all on the Mac, I use PDF, as Stata can generate PDF graphics directly (only on Mac OS X). But I've never felt the need to use both EPS and PDF in the same document.
Kit