st: logistic in version 11

From   Peter Goff <>
Subject   st: logistic in version 11
Date   Mon, 15 Mar 2010 20:41:53 -0500

The code below is from a do-file that worked well under version 10 but no longer functions under version 11 (log likelihood is perpetually backed up).

. logistic reporting_whi n_tested_whi

"n_tested_whi" is the sum of all white students tested. Oddly enough, the logistic command runs if I substitute in any of the grade-levels that contributed to the "n_tested_whi" variable. For example:

. logistic reporting_whi g03_whi

works under both version 11 and version 10. I'd like this to run under both versions - any suggestions as to why one variable would work with version 10 but not version 11 would be appreciated!

Peter Trabert Goff
PhD student
Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations
Vanderbilt University

Peabody #514
230 Appleton Place
Nashville, TN 37203-5721