st: RE: logistic in version 11

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: logistic in version 11
Date   Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:22:58 +0800

Hard to say what's going on without some output to look at.

Try running both with the -trace- option and give us a look at what you

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Peter Goff
Sent: Tuesday, 16 March 2010 9:42 AM
Subject: st: logistic in version 11

The code below is from a do-file that worked well under version 10 but
no longer functions under version 11 (log likelihood is perpetually
backed up).

. logistic reporting_whi n_tested_whi

"n_tested_whi" is the sum of all white students tested. Oddly enough,
the logistic command runs if I substitute in any of the grade-levels
that contributed to the "n_tested_whi" variable. For example:

. logistic reporting_whi g03_whi

works under both version 11 and version 10. I'd like this to run under
both versions - any suggestions as to why one variable would work with
version 10 but not version 11 would be appreciated!

Peter Trabert Goff
PhD student
Department of Leadership, Policy, and Organizations
Vanderbilt University

Peabody #514
230 Appleton Place
Nashville, TN 37203-5721