st: Help with esttab

From   Miranda Kim <>
Subject   st: Help with esttab
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:40:17 +0000

I am a Stata v11 user and I wonder if someone can help me with the following:

I want to produce a table in the following form:
sysuse auto, clear
estpost tabstat headroom weight gear_ratio, statistics(p50 p25 p75 count) by(foreign)
esttab, cells("headroom(fmt(2)) weight gear_ratio") noobs nomtitle nonumber

But I want the p25 and p75 on one line and in one cell rather than on 2 lines in separate cells (as an IQR, ie "p25-p75"), however I don't know how to do this for this type of table...

Best wishes,