st: RE: Help with esttab

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Help with esttab
Date   Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:08:13 +0100

help estout, marker(cells)

shows you how to join values in a cell. -esttab- accepts -estout- options...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Miranda Kim
Sent: Freitag, 12. März 2010 13:40
Subject: st: Help with esttab

I am a Stata v11 user and I wonder if someone can help me with the

I want to produce a table in the following form:
sysuse auto, clear
estpost tabstat headroom weight gear_ratio, statistics(p50 p25 p75
count) by(foreign)
esttab, cells("headroom(fmt(2)) weight gear_ratio") noobs nomtitle nonumber

But I want the p25 and p75 on one line and in one cell rather than on 2
lines in separate cells (as an IQR, ie "p25-p75"), however I don't know
how to do this for this type of table...

Best wishes,