Re: st: programming error with -generate-

From   Richard Williams <>
To   "" <>, "" <>
Subject   Re: st: programming error with -generate-
Date   Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:57:16 -0500

At 04:48 PM 3/8/2010, Partha Deb wrote:
For even more head scratching, try this:

clear all

forvalues i=1/6 {
set obs 10
gen y = 1.2x + `i'
tab y
drop _all

This is weird. I am not even sure what to search for -- "x" seems like kind of a broad term! And the internal logic behind the results isn't obvious to me.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu