RE: st: programming error with -generate-

From   "Visintainer, Paul" <Paul.Visintainer@baystatehealth.org>
Subject   RE: st: programming error with -generate-
Date   Mon, 8 Mar 2010 17:04:05 -0500

I don't understand it.  Could it be some time-series operator?  I don't use time-series much, so I would be surprised if I just stumbled on to it and didn't recognize it.

-p

___________________________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Baystate Medical Center
Springfield, MA 01199

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 4:57 PM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu; statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: Re: st: programming error with -generate-

At 04:48 PM 3/8/2010, Partha Deb wrote:
>For even more head scratching, try this:
>
>clear all
>
>forvalues i=1/6 {
>set obs 10
>gen y = 1.2x + `i'
>tab y
>drop _all
>}
>
>Partha

This is weird.  I am not even sure what to search for -- "x" seems
like kind of a broad term!  And the internal logic behind the results
isn't obvious to me.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at (413) 794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's privacy policy, please visit our Internet web site at http://www.baystatehealth.com.