RE: st: literal single quotes

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: literal single quotes
Date   Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:38:50 -0000

Thanks for the plug. -asciiplot- is by Michael Blasnik, Svend Juul and

Newson, Roger B

I think the best way is to use the -char()- function. Type

local llquote=char(96)
local lrquote=char(39)

and the macros -llquote- and -lrquote- will contain literal left and
right quotes, respectively.

A useful tool for this kind of problem is Nick Cox's -asciiplot-, which
you can download from SSC, and which gives you the ASCII codes and their

corresponding characters graphically, at a glance.

On 04/03/2010 17:21, Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311) wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to define a local macro  that contains
literal single quotes? For example Suppose I want to do something like