st: literal single quotes

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <>
Subject   st: literal single quotes
Date   Thu, 4 Mar 2010 11:21:40 -0600

Can someone please tell me how to define a local macro  that contains literal single quotes? For example Suppose I want to do something like

local bull "count if `temp' > 0"

where `temp' is to be interpreted literally, not evaluated.

Al Feiveson