Re: st: literal single quotes

From   "Newson, Roger B" <r.newson@imperial.ac.uk>
Subject   Re: st: literal single quotes
Date   Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:32:03 +0000

I think the best way is to use the -char()- function. Type

local llquote=char(96)
local lrquote=char(39)

and the macros -llquote- and -lrquote- will contain literal left and right quotes, respectively.

A useful tool for this kind of problem is Nick Cox's -asciiplot-, which you can download from SSC, and which gives you the ASCII codes and their corresponding characters graphically, at a glance.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil