st: RE: AW: AW: Graph

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: AW: AW: Graph
Date   Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:22:00 -0000

Or you might reconsider the wisdom of averaging wages!

Martin Weiss

That -drop- in my code kills a nasty outlier, your situation may be
different :-)

Martin Weiss

sysuse nlsw88, clear
drop if age==46
table  age married , c(mean wage)
collapse (mean) wage, by(age married)
twoway (line wage age if married, sort) (line wage age if !married,

>>From a large dataset I have generated a twoway table of mean income by

gender and age:
table gender age, c(mean income).

What is the simple (?) command that creates a graph that corresponds to
this table, i.e. with two lines (one for each gender) showing trends in
income over age.