st: RE: AW: Graph

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: AW: Graph
Date   Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:19:09 -0000

Another way to do it

sysuse nlsw88, clear
drop if age==46
table  age married , c(mean wage)
egen mean = mean(wage), by(age married)
egen tag = tag(age married)
twoway (line mean age if tag & married, sort) (line mean age if tag &
!married, sort)

Martin Weiss

sysuse nlsw88, clear
drop if age==46
table  age married , c(mean wage)
collapse (mean) wage, by(age married)
twoway (line wage age if married, sort) (line wage age if !married,
sort)

[email protected]

I'm sure there is an easy way to do this, but I can't find it. I hope
somebody can help me:

>From a large dataset I have generated a twoway table of mean income by
gender and age:
table gender age, c(mean income).

What is the simple (?) command that creates a graph that corresponds to
this table, i.e. with two lines (one for each gender) showing trends in
income over age.