Re: st: re: Adding the marginal effects at individual values of

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   "Solomon Tesfu" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: re: Adding the marginal effects at individual values of
Date   Sun, 21 Feb 2010 10:06:58 -0500

Although it is possible to calculate the slope of the probit function for each individual (and that is what is going on in the calculation of average marginal effects) and transform it to an individual-level marginal effect, it is not possible to compute an interval estimate from a sample of size 1: that is, you will not be able to consider the precision of the values. If you calculate an AME from a number of observations, you can.

Kit